Friday, January 1, 2010

About If I'm laid off from work in Hawaii can I move to California and apply for unemployment benefits

If I'm laid off from work in Hawaii can I move to California and apply for unemployment benefits?
I was laid-off from work in Honolulu, Hawaii. I am planning to move to California within the next 2 weeks, will I be able to file a claim for unemployment benefits in the state of california?
Other - Politics & Government - 5 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
And this is why California is bankrupt
Answer 2 :
no - you can only get unemployment benefits in the state where you earned them
Answer 3 :
Yes. Contact Unemployment they will help set you up. I'd keep claiming inline in Hawaii have direct deposit set up ASAP. Hawaii may pay your Benefit the whole time until you find work in CA. call them they will help you.
Answer 4 :
You can apply but your benefits will come from your state that you were employed in.
Answer 5 :
Yes. When applying for unemployment in California. and winning your case. You will receive your payments form the State of Hawaii Treasury.